3. I acknowledge that conveying the license-related reports to SMC staff is required to maintain our SMC end-user license.
1. I understand that, at the time of license renewal at the end of each year, I will submit the materials outlined in the supervisor checklist. As part of this, I will request and evaluate at least one case study by each tutor
You agree to be bound by any affirmation, assent, or agreement you transmit through this website, including but not limited to any consent you give to receive communications from Growing Forward Together solely through electronic transmission. You agree that when in the future you click on an “I agree,” “I consent,” or other similarly worded “button” or entry field with your mouse, keystroke, or other computer device, your agreement or consent will be legally binding and enforceable and the legal equivalent of your handwritten signature.
- Supervisor Commitments
As a supervisor facilitating delivery of the SMC intervention, I commit to the following program requirements:
1. I will lead implementation of the SMC in my agency and serve as on-going liaison to the SMC staff. My supervision role includes:
2. I will select, train, and supervise only Tutors who are:
- Selecting, overseeing training process, monitoring fidelity, remediating, and arranging
re-certification of tutors
- Conducting an agency-wide in-service training about traumatic stress and the SMC intervention
- Providing license-related documentation to the SMC staff
3. I will provide clinical supervision, including case consultation, working through challenges, addressing vicarious trauma, or other needs consistent with norms in behavioral health service settings. NOTE: If I am not an experienced, licensed clinician, then my agency has also engaged such a person to provide the clinical supervision.
- Licensed professionals (nurses, social workers, psychologists, midwives, physicians)
- Certified or trained paraprofessionals (doulas, health educators, community outreach workers, or other experienced staff)
4. I use the SMC documents to guide supervision including:
5. I understand that fidelity to the manual is the best predictor of effectiveness for manualized behavioral programs like the SMC (Bellg AJ et al., 2004; Moore GF et al., 2015). Therefore, I will audit fidelity of all tutors by requesting fidelity checklists from tutor and client for the same session (i.e., “mirror image reports”). I will do this for EVERY session during the training case. I will do this for at least one session from the case study the tutor provides later in the year for renewal.
- Following the tutor selection interview guidelines
- Verifying completion of the pre-learning reading and worksheets
- Verifying attendance at the tutor workshop and agency-wide, in-service training
- Discussing a training case-in-progress prior to allowing a tutor to begin using the SMC independently
- Determining that I am satisfied that the tutor is prepared to deliver the SMC safely
6. I also will periodically review a case file for each tutor to verify that safety was monitored and referrals were appropriate. The supervisor will document tutor performance as:
Training and Referrals
- True to the curriculum (>80% on the SMC fidelity guide/checklist),
- Of high quality in terms of the tutor-client relationship (respect and rapport, attaining active participation from the mom)
- Safe, with appropriate referral
1. I will facilitate an all-hands, agency-level training to advance our services toward being fully trauma-informed. This is an in-service Trauma Informed Care (TIC) education program, developed by SMC and delivered by the supervisor.
2. I have compiled, and will assist the tutors to maintain, a list of referral resources appropriate to trauma-informed care in the perinatal period, including:
- Intimate partner violence services
- Substance abuse services
- Specialist mental health services (i.e., psychiatrist, psychotherapist)
- Child welfare services
- Emergency care where psychiatric concerns can be addressed
1. In addition to attending an SMC Tutor Training Workshop, I have read the list of commitments required of tutors and understand their scope of work.
2. I will oversee my tutors’ completion and storage of SMC (electronic and/or paper) documentation as follows:
including forms pertaining to
- License-related documents,
- agency-level in-service training (supervisor)
- tutor training attendance and training case (supervisor),
- supervision meetings (re: fulfilling implementation goals; supervisor)
- fidelity monitoring (supervisor, facilitated by tutor),
- remediation (supervisor summary),
- and re-certification paperwork for renewal, including case study with fidelity forms (supervisor)
- as well as documentation of availability (supervisor) and utilization of clinical supervision (supervisor, facilitated by tutor or clinical supervisor).
(on the SMC form provided) documenting knowledge of SMC’s use. I will also collect one pair of mirror image fidelity checklists from the renewal case study for each tutor.
I will recommend for or against re-certification of the tutor based on fidelity, quality, and safety. I understand that, at the time of license renewal, SMC staff will review the license-related documentation and discuss with me any impediments that require remediation.
2. I am aware that I can contact the SMC program staff
to provide information, technical assistance, or consultation as part of the agency license agreement.
3. I am aware that SMC tutoring and supervision occurs only in the setting of an agency or organization holding an end-user license agreement
and that the SMC curriculum and materials may not be used outside this context or at variance from the license agreement except by express written permission.
End User License Agreement