BECOMING A SUPERVISOR
The Survivor Moms’ Companion meets the needs of agencies seeking to provide the highest standards of trauma-informed care, as specified by the Substance Abuse Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), for pregnant women and new moms. This groundbreaking program is offered only through an end-user license from Sidran Traumatic Stress Institute.
- Supervisors take the lead to implement this trauma-specific intervention.
- Success with the SMC depends on excellent fidelity to the model. The supervisor makes that happen.
- The supervisor is the lead tutor who uses the SMC materials to
- train the agency on trauma-informed care,
- set up referral resources clients might need,
- select tutors and guide them through training,
- supervise the tutors and help them stay on track, and
- keep the team going with a journal club and annual re-certification.