BECOMING A SUPERVISOR
- The Survivor Moms’ Companion meets the needs of agencies seeking to provide the highest standards of trauma-informed care, as specified by the Substance Abuse Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), for childbearing people. This groundbreaking program is offered only through an end-user license from Growing Forward Together. Supervisors take the lead to implement this trauma-specific intervention.
- Success with the SMC depends on excellent fidelity to the model. The supervisor makes that happen.
- Agency supervisors are required to attend the tutor and supervisor trainings.
The supervisor is the lead tutor who uses the SMC materials to:
- Set up referral resources clients might need
- Select tutors and guide them through training
- Supervise the tutors and help them stay on track
- Use an SMC in-service slide deck to train the staff of the agency who are not tutors about trauma-informed care and what the SMC is.
For more information on supervisor responsibilities, please click/tap on the "Register As A Supervisor" button below.